Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Professional

About Marta


I have lived in Seattle my entire life, except for the time I spent at college. I attended Wisconsin Lutheran College in Milwaukee, Wisconsin from 2012-2016, and spent the spring semester of 2015 studying abroad in Dublin, Ireland. I enjoy writing fiction and published my first fantasy novel, Darkwoods, in 2011 when I was seventeen. I also enjoy web design and Irish step dance.


Interest and Experience in Education


I was blessed in my childhood with teachers who instilled in me a deep respect for dedication to education, and while in college began to realize how important a solid education is prior to reaching the university. My earliest experiences included tutoring and Sunday school teaching. These experiences, in addition to interactions I had with younger students concerning my novels and writing, convinced me that I wanted to spend my professional life encouraging young people to reach their full potential and possibly be prepared for higher academia. I would prefer to teach high school or middle school because I enjoy the types of analysis and critical reading that I remember from those grades and am seeking endorsements in History and English Language Arts. As a teacher, my goals would include both passing on useful information to students, helping them become comfortable with challenging assignments and material, and encouraging them to realize that they have potential to pursue their dreams and reap the rewards of doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment